AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
To encourage, promote and mentor young talent, a street theatre / performing arts fellowship has been initiated by the Department of Art, Culture & Languages, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. The Fellowship will support 1000 Delhi based street performance and theatre artists. The fellows will be divided into 100 groups consisting of 10 artists in each group. Groups will perform at various locations on themes of social issues.
- Applications invited from individuals working in the field of acting, direction, script-writing, dance and music and other forms of street performance.
- 1000 selected candidates will receive the fellowship of Rs 5000/- per month for a period of one year
- Fellows will be divided into 100 groups Each group will have maximum 10 artists and each artist will be paid Rs.5,000/- per month individually.
- Each of these 100 groups will be performing at least 4 times a month. Their performance will be evaluated periodically and if anyone is not found satisfactory he/she may be dropped out from the fellowship.
- None of the selected candidates of each group can be replaced and the fellowship will be paid to selected candidates only.
- Rs.4,000/- per show will be paid to the group leader in addition to monthly honorarium (presuming he is also a selected artist) towards transportation, refreshments etc.
- These groups and individual artists will be under contract for a period of one year.
- Applications should be submitted online. Select candidates to appear for interview with their original documents.
- The age of the applicants should be between 18 to 40 years as on 15th Sept., 2019
- Resident of Delhi (Submit address proof)
- Past experience in the field of acting, direction, script-writing, dance and music and other forms of street performance
- Education qualification: 10th Pass
- Formal qualification in related field a plus but not mandatory