Guru Nanak Eye Centre
- provides comprehensive, high quality eye care services to the residents of Delhi and NCR.
- provides accredited training to undergraduate and post graduate students of Maulana Azad Medical College with affiliation to the University of Delhi.
- conducts clinically oriented research in ophthalmology.
- contributes to community ophthalmology by
- conducting Motiabind Mukti Abhiyan with the aim of decreasing cataract blindness in the NCR.
- providing ophthalmic services in various health melas organized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt.of NCT of Delhi.
- providing OPD services at Barwala.
- providing OPD services at Delhi High Court (Monday & Friday)
- providing ophthalmic surgeons for the surgical camps organized by Lifeline Express, Impact India Foundation.
GNEC has a well-developed OPD, several superspeciality clinics, indoor wards and a well-equipped O.T. In 2009-2010, 2,00,700 patients were seen in the OPD, 25,802 patients in the superspeciality clinics and 11,226 ophthalmic surgeries performed. GNEC is well supported by investigative laboratory services & a pharmacy.
|Census for||2011||2012||2013 up to Aug,2013||2015|