||Aims and Objectives
| The aims and objects for which the society is set up are :-
- To establish a Society as a centre of excellence of alternative modes of resolution of disputes and also consensus building in Delhi.
- To establish institutionalized mechanism of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and consensus building in Delhi for resolution of disputes of various types at the pre and post litigation stages.
- To establish, develop and maintain institute(s) on Alternative Dispute Resolution or related subjects and to get it affiliated/ recognized with any University in the Country or abroad or to have its own regular or deemed University.
- To undertake, prescribe study courses and research projects in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- To impart training in Alternative Dispute Resolution and related subjects.
- To award degrees/ diplomas/ certificates to persons who have satisfactorily completed approved courses of study and/ or research and have passed examinations as may be prescribed from time to time.
- To provide financial assistance to learned scholars and societies for their approved projects.
- To provide fellowships, scholarships, grant-in-aid etc. to societies or individuals to hold seminars and conferences, and for the publication of books, Monographs, journals, proceedings of conferences as well as establish prizes and medals in recognition of merit.
- To help parties resolve their disputes amicably, economically and quickly.
- To help clear backlog of cases from the courts.
- To help save cost of litigation and cost of Courts and the State.
- To empower communities and individuals with strength, skills and resources to express and resolve their conflicts peacefully and appropriately suiting their culture and environment and to increase social harmony in the society.
- To develop a system for handling, training, teaching and resolving disputes and to develop phased strategical plans.
- To establish various ADR centers and clinics in Delhi targeting individuals or combined types of disputes.
- To publicize, advertise and create awareness in the public, litigants, lawyers and others about the processes and benefits of ADR and related subjects including consensus building.
- To provide and disseminate information, know how, experiences and literature etc. relating to ADR and related subjects including consensus building.
- To undertake, organize and facilitate the study courses, conferences, seminars, workshops, camps, lectures and research in the matters relating to ADR, etc.
- To train the public, trainers and others for the purpose of creating a resource persons reservoir in ADR, etc..
- To develop various other suitable and dispute specific models of ADR for different target groups.
- To empanel competent and sufficient number of neutrals for ADR in and outside the centers of the society on the terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the society.
- To appoint or to empanel the eminent psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, social workers, NGOs etc.
- To appoint or empanel Engineers, Values, Designers, Architects, Accountants etc. for the purpose of promoting cause of ADR and related subjects.
- To establish relations with various institutions, financial institutions, government authorities, universities, hospitals and other bodies etc. within and outside the country for the purpose of promoting cause of ADR.
- To enhance the capabilities of the existing trained neutrals to improve their quality of training.
- To assist, interact and collaborate in promoting ADR with other institutions and bodies, both within the country and abroad.
- To undertake, publish and disseminate the results of the cases settled or not.
- To assign cases to neutrals for mediation or such other related, connected purposes etc. on the terms as may be decided by the society.
- To register all or specific type of cases (Pre or Post litigation) settled outside the centre at the instance of the neutral or party(ices) on the terms and conditions as may be decided by the society.
- To award certificates, diplomas and post graduate diplomas and other distinctions to the trained neutrals and the referring judges depending upon the type of training and courses undertaken by them and also the success rate of referring judges and neutrals.
- To establish procedures for smooth functioning of the society in carrying out activities in matters relating to personnel, finance, administration, purchases and management of centers, libraries, lecture halls, auditorium, hostels etc.
- To prepare, print and public papers, periodicals, monographs and books, in furtherance of the objectives of the Society.
- To do all such other lawful acts and things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the objectives of the society.